Saturday 4 February 2012

Comfort Food

Well for a blog that's supposed to be about things that are lovely, this week was anything but. So after a long week of hard work while feeling under the weather, what's the best cure? Well wine, of course, but I was thinking more about comfort food.

One thing you should know about me, and this is very important, is how much I love macaroni and cheese. It's practically my religion. If I'm in a restaurant and there's any type of mac 'n' cheese on the menu, it's EXTREMELY difficult for me to order anything else.

Worse still (in most people's opinions), is my love of Kraft Dinner. I have never tired of the stuff. I grew up on it, as did most of my friends. After a while, my friends stopped eating it. It's gross, too processed, too fake, etc, is the general consensus. I do not share those feelings. Sometimes I wonder why I like it so much. It doesn't hold a candle to 'real' macaroni and cheese, but yet, it has such a specific taste that can not be replicated.

Those Kraft Dinner connoisseurs out there will agree with me that the other brands simply won't do. It MUST be Kraft. That being said, if you're going for the white cheddar variety, it has to be President's Choice brand. I've never had anyone disagree with those two statements.

If you ever decide to rekindle an old love affair with the stuff, just remember a few points.

  • One box is not enough for two people
  • You can add anything you want to it (all those purists out there will be shuddering right now). Ketchup, Parmesan cheese, hot sauce, they all enhance it in their own way
  • The best protein match for KD is hot dogs
  • Do not eat the whole wheat variety. I know you're just trying to be a bit healthier, but it just doesn't taste right
  • Kraft Dinner, Spirals, tastes just a little different, but it my absolute favourite variety
  • It is the ultimate hangover cure (I can't get through a hangover without it...husband has been known to make special trips to the grocery store for me!)


Long live Kraft Dinner!

xx E.

ps. you're welcome, Kraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover