Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rain Gear

All this ugly rain has got me thinking about a little pet peeve of mine.

I like wellies (rubber boots) just as much as the next girl. I own a pair, and I wear them. I think it's really nice that finally, women don't have to walk around with wet feet, just because rain boots aren't stylish.

Here are a couple of my favourite pairs:
Hunter Wellies - short

Hunter Wellies - Tall

Tretorn Boots - find them here

Now these boots are fantastic for rainy weather, walking/hiking, playing in the mud, jumping in puddles, gardening, walking on the beach, digging for clams, digging for worms, fishing, going to the market, walking the dog, playing in snow, catching frogs, going to festivals, do I need to go on?

However, there's one thing that they are not for. Going out at night. These are not 'going out' footwear. I think people may get confused between things being expensive, and things being fancy. Yes, the Hunter Wellies cost $200. No they do not look right with your bar outfit. See my point?

Just a little fashion insight for this rainy Tuesday :)

xx E.

ps. remember these?!

via

2 comments:

  1. lol... but I see you left Burberry rainboots off the list ;p
    I just got Hunter rain boots from Costco! There were only 2 pairs left and one happened to be my size.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover