Tuesday 10 April 2012

Wibble-Wobble, Wibble-Wobble, Jelly on a Plate


For my birthday, one of my lovely sisters in law gave me the sweetest Jelly molds. She also wrapped up jelly cubes, which I opened first, and was a little confused. Once I got everything opened, it allll came together. She wants me to be an even better housewife to her big brother, by creating perfect, individual-sized jellies.

So I did.

This is how jelly powder comes in the UK. I thought it was already done, but it's not. It's some kind of freaky jelly concentrate. Husband admitted to eating a whole pack and getting very sick, once, when he was a little bit stupid younger.

So here's how they turned out.


Aren't they cute? Seriously. They are so cute. I am afraid to eat them.

One snag - they are a bit difficult to get out of the mold. There I was, gently coaxing these delicate little jellies out of their hard shell. Along comes husband, with all his jelly-wisdom, and picks up one of the molds and instructs me to just squeeze it out. Immediately the mold cracks. I have three now.

So there you have it, a whole post about making jelly.

xx E.

ps. In Canada we call it Jello.

pps. The title of this post is some kind of English sing song nursery rhyme that husband kept chanting while I was making these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover