Monday 7 May 2012

Sunday Brunch

Yesterday Husband and I decided to go out for breakfast. I love going out for a good breakfast, but most of the time I'll settle for cereal and coffee from home.

So we decided to treat ourselves. We went to Stoney's in Oakville. It was the first time either of us had ever been (but we had both been told how good it is). Let me tell you, it wasn't just good, it was unreal.We went early, so it was really more of a breakfast than a brunch, but it was pretty packed. Luckily we got ourselves a table.

Nick isn't into eggs (yes I know, who doesn't like eggs?) anyway, we had a nice little chat with the man taking our orders about eggs, and a show on the BBC called Whites, and how once a customer ordered an omelet that was half egg whites, half egg yokes - hello, that's just a regular omelet. The point is, despite the line up, the man was happy to have a friendly Sunday morning chat with us. They have a really great atmosphere.

I couldn't get my mind off having French Toast, so that's what I ordered. Nick ended up getting the back-bacon sandwich. Add two big mugs of coffee and we were in breakfast heaven.

Nick's choice
my choice
 They were soooo so very delicious. Mine was gigantic. Luckily, Nick took control of his fear of eggs and tried the French Toast. Gold star for him! He loved it and can confirm that you can not taste the egg. Perhaps it's because it's covered in whipped cinnamon butter, maple syrup and whipped cream. Thank god there were some berries on there or I'd really feel guilty.

So next Sunday you should probably go there. Just sayin'.

xx E.

ps. No, I did not eat the entire portion, thank you very much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover