Tuesday 26 June 2012

Stress

I would say I'm a pretty low-stress person. I'm good at helping other people relax, or get some perspective in a stressful situation. I'm not immune to stress though. Things are getting pretty busy at work, and I'm starting to feel the burn. 

My typical reaction to stress? Sleep. It takes everything out of me. In university, I would begin studying for an exam, and the next thing I knew, I was waking up with my textbook on my bed.

via
So since I can't take naps while in the office (despite how much I love that idea), I'm going to have to come up with some other ways to de-stress. 

So far one thing that helps is music.Quiet relaxing music is nice, but loud party music or rock are kind of cathartic. I definitely try to rock out in the car when I'm travelling between offices.

Another is laughing. If you can take a quick look at the situation and see the humor in it - even if the humor is because it's just an insane amount of work for one person - it can really help. Other people are in the same boat, so laugh it off together.

That's all I've got so far - I'm not a miracle worker!

xx E.

Ps. oh ya, eating is another thing I do...wouldn't recommend that as a great solution...
via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover