Monday 18 June 2012

Weekend Snaps

Well that was a beauty of an almost-summer weekend. In Burlington, we had the Sound of Music festival (aka Canada's largest free music event). There have been many years where I've missed out on some of the great music, but this year, I did pretty well. I made it there Friday, Saturday and Sunday, for three different shows (Big Sugar, Carly Rae Jepsen and Walk Off The Earth). It's so amazing to be able to walk 10 minutes from your house to a free concert.

big sugar; carly rae jepsen; husband & i at wote
 Of course because Carly Rae Jepsen was discovered by Justin Bieber, there were all kinds of rumors flying around about him making an appearance at the show. We stood, surrounded by little girls and their parents, and waited for the Biebs to show. He didn't. One of the event organizers even had to take the mic and announce the fact that he wasn't coming, and that everyone needed to move along.

Walk Off The Earth are an amazing local band, who have become really well-know, really quickly, especially because of this little video:


They even re-did this for the encore. I hadn't heard much of their original stuff before, but they are the perfect summer tunes band.

On top of all the music, we also had a bachelorette party to go to in Niagara Falls. So there were 15 of us in total, celebrating the upcoming wedding of a friend of ours, by embarrassing her in various ways (not necessarily blog-appropriate). It was a great girls night out, happily finished off with delicious after-bar food.


out dancing; after bar eats - the
beautiful bride is second from left; delicious poutine
As if there wasn't enough action already, we also celebrated Father's Day. It wasn't quite as involved as Mother's Day, but we did have a great family dinner, burgers and sausages (as chosen by my dad), and my mom pulled out all the stops to deliver my dad's favourite dessert: Weils buns (aka sweet buns with an obscene amount of chocolate inside and inches of icing on top).

dad, about to start in on the bun
Needless to say, it was a fantastic weekend, but I'm saturated with food and booze and I'm ready for a detox (at least for a day or two).

xx E.

Ps. I didn't get a chance to do an official Father's Day post, but I would like to single out my Dad and my Father-in-law Bob and let them know how much I appreciate them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover