Wednesday 22 August 2012

Bad Days

How do you handle bad days?

I just had one. A close-the-door-and-cry-in-your-office kind of day. I'm sure all my colleagues thought I was quite prickly (to put it nicely).

So at the end of the day, you just want to feel better, right?

Here's my list of things that can help fix a bad day. *Warning: These are neither inspiring nor healthy*

Sweatpants. The first thing you should do when you get home is grab your baggiest, coziest track pants.

photo via roots.com

Hugs. No explanation required.

Pets. Snuggle your dog or cat. There's actual scientific proof that petting an animal reduces stress. (Don't ask me where to find the article, I just know I've read it). My pup always makes me feel better. 

Tea. A cup of tea always makes things better (any kind, just a nice, warm, cup of tea)

via


Comfort Food. Pick your favourite and have it for dinner - guilt free. Obviously I have mac'n'cheese.

Chocolate. Someone walked by my office with a try of sweets, and I grabbed the chocolate croissant before anyone knew what was going on.

via

TV or Movies. Again, choose your favourite show or movie and watch it without feeling badly for 'doing nothing'. 

Sometimes you just need to give yourself a little TLC and know that tomorrow, everything will be ok.

xx E.

Ps. always good to keep this in mind :)

via


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover