Wednesday 10 October 2012

The List

Recently I watched a movie called I Don't Know How She Does It. It's about a woman, wife, mother, investment consultant, friend, etc etc. The idea is that this woman juggles so many activities each day, and it eventually catches up with her.

Add caption
The part that really stuck a chord with me was when she would lie down in bed at night. She would talk about how she (like many women) don't sleep. Instead they just lie there, going over The List. I too end up going over the list and most of the time, it's what keeps me up in the middle of the night.

  • Make an optometrist appointment
  • Call so-and-so at work before 9am
  • Take something out of the freezer for dinner
  • Did I give the dog his antibiotics?
  • Oh...we're running out of milk
  • Check the calendar for what might be happening this week
  • Have we mailed a birthday card to 'insert name of upcoming birthday recipient' ?
  • Pay phone bill
  • I made a to-do list...must check that for anything I am missing
  • Have we received a hydro bill lately?
  • Drop off dry cleaning
The list changes from night to night, although the dry-cleaning still isn't dropped off and I have yet to get my eyes checked...

I have heard of sleeping with a pen and paper beside your bed, so you can write things down and go back to sleep...but I'm just not sure that would work for me. I have a phone with a notepad on my nightstand, but that doesn't help.

I just found it funny to watch that movie and think...hmm...if they made a chick-flick out of this, I must not be the only one with a List. 

xx E.

Ps. I'm this bad now, and I don't even have kids! It's only going to get worse...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover