Friday 30 November 2012

Fashion Friday: Office Party Edition

Dress to Impress




Well I'm back home once again. I have to get prepped for this weekend, because it's my office Christmas Party. I haven't decided what to wear yet, so I turned to polyvore.com for some inspiration.

Just as everyone in your office has their own day to day style, the same goes for the holiday party. That being said, there are a couple things to keep in mind when deciding what to wear.

Style: Judge the style based on the formality of the party. Is it a simple get together at someone's house? or is it a big dinner/dance? (Mine is the latter). I'd say it's always better to be a bit over dressed than under-dressed, so err on the side of caution.

Length: Leave those mini's at home, unless it's the perfect dress. If going for a shorter number, keep the top conservative. A good example above is the Alice + Olivia red rose dress.

Top: If you're going strapless, make sure it fits well so there are no surprises (if you know what I mean) and keep it longer in length.

I'll try to snap a shot of myself tomorrow night to show you what I ended up choosing!

xx E.

Ps. another quick tip for the office party - take it easy on the drinks to avoid being 'that guy/girl' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover