Wednesday 19 December 2012

Quest for the Best: Mac and Cheese

The quest has been on hiatus for a little while, but we're back in action now.

Normally, on Sundays we got to my parents' place for dinner, but this past Sunday, they already had plans - can you believe it? So we were on our own.

After eating Kraft Dinner for lunch and then home made macaroni for dinner on Saturday, you'd think I wouldn't be in the mood for more macaroni. Guess again!

This time I decided to try out Skinny Baked Mac and Cheese with Broccoli.




The verdict? Definitely yummy. The only changes I made to the recipe were adding garlic, and mixing the breadcrumbs with butter. Also, in my house, there's no such thing as 'light butter'; just use regular butter people!

I would definitely make it again and I didn't feel super guilty eating it.

I accidentally burned the top...mental note:  pay more attention when things are under the broiler on high. Husband was so sweet and scraped off the burned bits until it looked yummy again.



xx E.

Ps. I liked this one much better than the Buffalo Chicken one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover