Thursday 7 March 2013

Bits and Bobs


his & hers: gifts from the parentals

+ I'm currently reading Rooftops of Tehran. Please read it, it's lovely (and I'm only half way!) Also, if you have any recommendations for new reads, let me know.

+ I've noticed it's getting sunnier in the mornings now. Such a welcome sign that spring is on its way. Now I can resume walking Rocky early in the mornings and not be afraid of getting attacked...because the city I live in is reallllly dangerous. Not. I just don't like waking up early in the winter.

+ Are you a friend/follower of This is Lovely? Join the site (over there, to the left)...because honestly, that box is making me feel like a bit of a Billy-No-Mates.

+ I'm thinking of giving up my morning coffee in exchange for warm water with lemon. Yes, you read that correctly. Evidently there are a lot of health benefits for this, and what I like about coffee the most is that it's warm. I will make a little diary about how that goes...

while i was working at a career fair, i found an art display by someone i actually know

+ I really want to make one of these maps from our California road trip.

+ It's March 7th and I've still only had that one box of KD on January 1st. I am actually so proud of myself that it's a bit sad.

+ The clearance rack at Joe Fresh is incredibly distracting for grocery shoppers. I was completely thrown off schedule because I had to get my hands on (and subsequently try on) everything on the rack. Why, you ask? Because prices like $2.94 seem too good to be true! I ended up with three new things for under $15.

Ps. I totally stole the phrase 'bits and bobs' from Husband. The North American translation is bits and pieces...in case you hadn't figured that out already.

2 comments:

  1. Love the map idea! I may just have to copy it for our Cali PCH trip last summer! Best Trip Ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute eh? I haven't taken that many loooong road trips, so Cali is perfect. Let me know how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover