Thursday 21 March 2013

Car Maintenance...Or Lack Thereof

I consider myself an independent woman. But there's just one thing that I still can't seem to take care of properly. My car.



To be honest, I just don't care. Sorry Joe! (Joe is my Corolla). When I first got him, I really should have read through the maintenance manual...but I didn't. Since I chose to just wing it, I ended up driving the car for over a year before I got the oil changed. Whoops! Lesson learned.


So lately, the brakes have been making a funny noise. And by lately, I mean like the last 6 months. I finally got around to calling Toyota to make an appointment for good old Joe. Here's how the conversation went:

Toyota Service Technician: So you need to make an appointment for your Corolla?
Me: Yes
T: What do you need to have done?
M: I need to have the brakes done.
T: How many kilometers are on the car now?
M: umm...about 71,000
T: OK it's about time then! What is the problem with the brakes?
M: They make a funny noise. Like a big truck. Or a bus. Like this urrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.
T: oh....kay....

Moral of the story, don't try to imitate car noises. Better still, read your manual. Even better? Make someone else do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover