Tuesday 19 March 2013

Home Alone

What do you do when you’re home alone?


sorry - i couldn't help myself

Husband is away for work for a few days, so it’s just me and Rocky. As we all know by now, I’m afraid of everything, so being home alone is a little daunting for me (at night, anyway). To make matters worse, when Nick is away, Rocky barks much more than he would if Nick was home. I take it that he’s trying to protect me by warning me about every potential home invader that walks by, but it’s actually really unsettling. It’s hard to know if he’s barking at something legit (a robber) or not (a squirrel) and I’m waaaay too scared to go investigating. A few years ago, I would actually leave the hall light on the entire night. I've graduated to being able to sleep in darkness.

On the other hand, when I have the house to myself during the day, I quite like it. I put on music, sing and dance and just do my own thing. My usual favourite sound track? Jamiroquai. Cosmic Girl. Getter done. I feel bad for the guy who lives below us…Cosmic Girl on repeat is probably not as fun for him.

Side note: it turns out that Nick's work allowed him to come home after all. So I'm alone no longer (but I figured, why waste a perfectly good post?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover