Tuesday 26 March 2013

Twenty-Nine



Today is my twenty-ninth birthday.

Some thoughts on my birthday...

I'm not as terrified going into this year as I once thought I might be. This year has been wonderful so far, and I have a good feeling it will continue.

I've never thrown out a birthday card. Let it be known, if you've ever given me a card, I still have it. I have piles of them and it seems like hoarder behaviour, but I just can't bear to throw them away.

I have birthday anxiety. I may have just made this term up now, but seriously, I get really stressed out (read: I cry a lot) the week/weeks leading up to my birthday. But it's not about ageing. It's about the attention. I can't stand having all the attention on me. Am I weird? Probably. Don't answer that.

Nick woke up extra early today (ahem around 4am) to decorate for me. I die. What a sweetheart.

It's not even 8am and already I feel so spoiled. Birthday anxiety, be gone! I am lucky.

1 comment:

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover