Thursday 11 April 2013

Restaurant Review: Bread Bar (Earth to Table)

Earlier this week we headed out to the Bread Bar for dinner with my brother and his girlfriend. Bread Bar a farm to table restaurant and bakery and their food is just the yummiest.


This is one of my favourite places to eat, so it's a bit surprising (to me) that I'm only posting about this now.

I thought I knew everything about it, but evidently, never having been their on a Tuesday before, I didn't know they had Taco Tuesdays. Nick decided to indulge.


They have six types of tacos. Nick ordered five of them (they ran out of tuna). He also ordered the avocado fries - which I thought would be fries with avocado on them, but turns out they are slices of fried avocado.



I really only like avocado in sushi and guacamole, but after peer pressure from the table, I tried a bite. Avocado fries for the win! They are awesome.

We were really hungry and my phone was acting up, so I didn't get a chance to snap pictures of the pizzas that my brother and Hilary got. I will vouch for the pizzas there though, they are the reason we started going there in the first place. Chris got the Meat Mountain and Hilary got the Bacon, Scallions and Goat cheese. My personal fav? Apple, Bacon and Cheddar. BUT, just this once, I decided to try their mac and cheese (having never actually ordered it there before, shocking, I know).


I was not disappointed. Mac and cheese with bacon and caramelized onions was cheesy, yummy, and just the right size.

We were too full for dessert, but I will say that they have fantastic baked goods and I would recommend trying to save a little bit of room. They let you browse through their bakery display to choose what you want :)

The atmosphere is warm and relaxing. You feel like you could sit there for hours. Here's a (grainy) photo of my favourite art they have displayed. I've been eyeing the panoramic on the left for years.



Word of warning, it's often super busy and they don't take reservations (with the exception of one big table, so if you have 6 or more people, you could try to reserve that). Get in early, get your name on the list, then go somewhere for a drink and they'll call you when your table's ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover