Tuesday 21 May 2013

Dream Big Dress Boutique

Over the past week I volunteered at the Dream Big Dress Boutique in my city. I wasn't going to post about it, but I had such a good time that I thought I should share.

I knew things like this existed, and having so many formal dresses just sitting in my closet, I thought they could be put to better use. I took my dresses to the drop-off location, and that's when I found out that I could actually volunteer.

The organization set up a store in the mall, which was a fantastic move on their part. I'm sure it enhanced the experience of getting a dress/suit for the girls and boys involved.

Here's what the store looked like. The organizers took the time to make it look fantastic.




The job of the volunteers was to help these students get all dressed up for their graduations or proms. Being the kind of person who loves to choose outfits, this was right up my alley.

The best part? Watching these students come out with huge smiles on their faces, twirling around, and telling me how excited they feel about their new dress/suit. For many, this was the first time they were getting dressed up.

I'm pumped to take part in this next year!

Ps. If you have formal dresses that are in good shape, donate them. We all know you only wear them once or twice before they get retired. Plus, it's better to donate them now, while they are still in style, so the poor students don't have to choose through dresses like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover