Tuesday 2 July 2013

How To: Gallery Wall

I'm a big lover of gallery walls. In fact, I even sent pictures of gallery walls to Bobbi for my blog design inspiration.
So with a giant blank wall in our new place, I knew I had an opportunity for a gallery wall.

Before - sorry this picture is terrible



I started by gathering all the items I wanted to display on the wall, and then arranged them on the floor.


Piece by piece we started to add them to the wall, starting with the bottom row.





The key is to be flexible. As I was adding pieces to the wall, it wasn't exactly as I had it on the floor, but that's ok. My personal preference is a look that isn't so 'perfect' (ie. I don't measure).

After


My favourite part is that I get to look at so many things that make me smile, or remind me of a great adventure, every day.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I like the addition of the quirky photos and the mallet (is that what you'd call it?). It looks really balanced and so neat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover