Wednesday 7 August 2013

Succulent Terrarium


Last weekend was my mom's birthday, and let me tell you, she's a difficult lady to shop for. So what do you give the woman who has everything? A succulent planter of course. Although I consider myself to have a black thumb, I am pretty crafty, so I figured I could put this together without much knowledge of plants. I consulted the internet quickly to make sure I had the right idea (turns out I did). Here's how.

You need:
A terrarium or dish to plant your succulents (I thought a teacup would be adorable)
A small amount of sand
A small amount of soil
Varying sizes of rocks/stones
Succulent Plants


In your dish/planting vessel, layer your sand, and some rocks for drainage. Next, layer in some of the soil. Now, loosen the roots of each succulent plant, and give it a spot in the dish (I found this to be a little difficult based on the size of the terrarium). Layer in a bit more soil, and then some smaller pebbles/stones to keep the succulents in place. Add a little bit of water and you're done!






Water occasionally, but make sure not to add too much (you don't want to see it pooling at the bottom). Look at me, giving advice on caring for plants. Somewhere, pigs are flying.

1 comment:

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover