Wednesday 6 August 2014

Random Nighttime Thoughts & Worries


I've written about this before: waking up in the middle of the night with a random stream of thoughts and "to do's". At first, when Ruby was born, when I would go back to bed after a night feeding I would pass out as soon as my head hit the pillow. My lactation consultant explained to me that breast feeding produces a hormone that induces deep sleep. Well, I don't know what happened to that lovely hormone but I've had a few more laying-awake-thinking-random-thoughts nights lately. Worse still is a lot of them are worries.

Here's a sample from the other night:

Upcoming flight to the UK with an infant.
Everyone will hate us. But maybe she will just sleep.
Oh...so many horrible plane accidents lately.
What if we crash in the ocean? my absolute biggest fear.
Mental note, don't think about the scary bottom dwellers in the Blue Planet Oceans series.
Damn it. Just pictured them. Now am even more scared.
Don't think any other scary thoughts. Just pictured a scary character from Dexter.
*Change gears*
What if we had a carbon monoxide leak?
Recently found out carbon monoxide weighs more than oxygen...now concerned that our carbon monoxide detector is mounted on the ceiling.
What if Nick is passed out from carbon monoxide? Can I carry him? Should work on strength training.
Should talk to Nick about getting a new detector.
Is Ruby awake? Why am I still awake?
Rocky, get away from my pillow.
I'm hungry. Don't get a snack; that will just breed bad snacking habits.
Can't eat like I'm pregnant forever.
Ugh! Just try and sleep. Sleeeeeeep.
*Pass out*

Am I alone in this?? Am I crazy? Probably :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover