Tuesday 10 February 2015

Quirky Obsession


For as long as I can remember, my assigned chore at home was loading/unloading the dishwasher. Because of the longevity of said chore, I a) still enjoy it and b) am quite obsessed with the way in which it is completed.

I am a dishwasher rearranger.

For a long time, I didn't even realize it. I would just open it up, see that it wasn't optimally loaded, and get to work moving things around until it was. One day, my dad's friend was over for dinner. After dinner, I opened the dishwasher and started moving things until it made sense. That's when he said to me "oh wow. Your dad told me you did this, but I didn't really believe him". Oh...so 'this' is a noticeable thing? A quirk, you might say.

Well, so be it. I still do it. In fact, I edged Nick out of the way to reorganize it last night. I mean, why waste space? Why hand wash that last dish when there is probably a way to fit it in?

When I found out that most dishwashers actually come with instructions that shows the optimal way to load them, I felt a great sense of validation. I'm not alone. I also thought...I should probably review those instructions to make sure they have it right... :)

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover